Basic three-layered objects
Personium defines the following three layered basic objects in order to achieve a new ICT model centered around data subjects.
|Unit||A server to host multiple Cells. What you get by server installation||https://personium.example/|
|Cell||A datastore for a data subject||https://john.personium.example/|
|Box||Per-app datastores installed on each Cell||https://john.personium.example/schedule/|
- A unit is a system infrastructure which runs Personium which have a unique FQDN.
- Since Personium adopts unique distributed architecture, it is possible to create a relationship between units and give privilege based on it.
- In a unit, it is possible to create multiple Cell.
- Cell is a data store for each data subject. For personal use, it will be PDS (Personal Data Store).
- In Personium, the concept of data subject is extended to not only people but also organizations and objects, so it can be used as a data store for a NGO or a car.
- Each Cells are independent as if they are different tenant in multi-tenancy model.
- A Cell provides following feature
- Authentication and authorization
- Access Control
- Data Store for Applications (Box)
- Event Processing, Messaging, Script Execution
- A box is data store for application.
- A box can store following data.
- File Object
- OData Data Service
Based on Open Standards
Personium's API is build on open standards.
- OAuth2.0 for Authorization
- WebDAV for File operation
- OData for relational data